Today my "Wednesday -- What I'm Reading Books and Blogs" has a little different spin.
I'll be reading road signs, maps, and directions as I head out to my very first ACFW conference. I'm carpooling with two wonderful women who know I'm directionally challenged and are letting me tag along anyway. Now that's friendship! I am filled with excitement, but I must admit....I'm also a bit nervous. A whole new experience awaits me, but I know it will be fabulous!
My hubby is manning the home front and will keep everything running smoothly. My daughter will be a big help to him. They both have encouraged me so much in attending this conference. My heart is full. I will miss them greatly, but I know that they will have fun, take care of everything back home, and be praying for me to learn much and enjoy myself.
My plans ?
* To meet so many of those people whose names I've seen on the ACFW loop.
* Thank those who have offered up so much helpful advice and encouragement over that loop. Disclaimer: I'm sure I won't come close to remembering everyone. So thank you, everyone, for all the ways you've blessed me.
* Meet in person and hug those that have become dear friends, despite the distance and geography.
Ain't technology wonderful!
* Meet more new people.
*Take good notes.
*Listen more than I talk.
* Soak up every tidbit of knowledge and wisdom that is shared. And learn, learn, learn how to become a better writer. I sure hope God adds some gigabytes to my memory, because I know there will be SO much information to absorb.
* Worship with people who have a heart for Jesus and writing like I do.
*Be honored to be a part of a wonderful time of prayer and thanksgiving.
Since I've never been, I don't really know what to expect. But I'm putting the whole thing in God's hands and hanging on for the ride.
There's two things I know for certain:
1. I'll be blessed because I'll be with people who have a heart for the Lord and are willing to share their knowledge and experience to help me and many others improve their craft.
2. They'll always be someone around to direct me if I get lost coming back from the bathroom. I've been told this conference is very organized.
Have a great day, everyone! I've already started on mine -- and it's fantastic so far!